Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Director of Operations plans, directs, organizes and controls warehousing and distribution activities for the distribution center. They are responsible for implementing company operating policies, procedures and processes that achieve the safe, efficient, cost effective facility operations and meet customer service expectations. They will maintain the distribution center in accordance with Company’s health and sanitation standards, federal and state OSHA requirements. Protects and maintains company assets (inventory and facilities) within the region.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
• High degree of self-motivation and dependability.
• Ability and willingness to respond with patience, courtesy and friendliness.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal abilities; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, and flexible.
• Excellent grammar, verbal, and writing skills.
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
• Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detailed oriented.
• Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
• Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and management personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Requirements:
• Establish and maintain budgetary goals.
• Organize production and procedures of warehouse operations.
• Oversee and execute all inventory control procedures ensuring maximum safeguard of the company’s physical inventory.
• Provide leadership, train and develop warehouse managers and supervisors.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including; conducting performance reviews, controlling overtime.
• Constantly strive to instill a sense of professionalism and pride in co-workers and warehouse personnel by ongoing daily communication.
• Interface with management of contract warehouses we utilize for offsite storage.
• Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment. Recommend new equipment, systems, and facility capital expenditures.
• Ensure quality service and product to our customers.
• Develop and maintain inventory shrinkage-shortage level goals established by the company.
• Oversee and direct the facility security and security systems.
• Responsible for effective safety and sanitation programs.
• Maintain an efficient production schedule to ensure timely truck departures to meet delivery schedules.
• Coordinate outside purchases Warehouse materials, supplies, and products.
• Interact with customers to resolve order discrepancies and ensure quality service.
• Establish and maintain effective communication avenues with all KEHE departments.
• Develop and maintain effective cost control procedures.
• Develop and maintain effective productivity procedures. Maximize facility productivity and utilization.
• Maintain effective stock rotation.
• Utilize warehouse space efficiently.
• Ability to maintain information with the utmost level of confidentiality.
• Other duties and special projects as requested.
• A minimum 10 years prior warehouse / distribution experience.
• Bilingual strongly preferred.
• At least 5 years in leadership required, with P&L responsibility.
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred.
• Experience with Engineered Labor standards, JDA.
• Knowledge of MS Office required.
• Ability to work varied shifts and schedules as required.